4.10.2009

Ode to The Prom Shop Project

I read about The Prom Shop Project on the internet. It's a non-profit organization in Dallas, TX that gathers gently used gowns to girls who can't afford a Prom dress, but dream of attending Prom.

Doesn't Prom make you feel like a princess...
Days of chatter with your friends
Which dress, what neclace, the date, the dinner plans
Doorbell rings with flowers in a special box
Like a glass slipper on a pillow

Smiles flash, cameras flash, paparazzi style
Strutting into the Prom as if there's a grand entrance
Strolling with your friends, like a parade of gowns
Sweatheart invites you on the floor for every slow dance

Shouldn't every girl feel like a princess? The "Cinderella was not just a fairytale" article about The Prom Shop Project inspired me. I plan to donate a gown this week because fairy tale dreams should come true. Ask me & I'll post the Prom dress photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment